Become a Montana Notary
*Prices do NOT include shipping and handling
QUALIFICATIONS TO BECOME A MONTANA NOTARY PUBLIC
In order to become a notary public in Montana, you must meet the following requirements:
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Be able to read and write English
• Be a citizen or permanent legal resident of the United States
• Be a resident of Montana, or
- Be the spouse or legal dependent of military personnel assigned to active duty in Montana
- Be regularly employed in the state of Montana by an employer registered and licensed to do business in Montana
- Maintain a place of business in the state of Montana
- Hold a current professional license to practice the profession in Montana issued by an appropriate Montana authority
• Not be disqualified to receive a commission pursuant to MCA §1-5-621
• Must successfully pass a the examination provided by the Montana Secretary of State's office
STEPS TO BECOME A MONTANA NOTARY PUBLIC
Select your notary package, complete the interactive application process, select any additional products you desire and complete the checkout process. Your notary forms and instructions will populate at the end of checkout. Payment by check not available online.
Your bond will be immediately available for download along with instructions for completing the application process at the Secretary of State.
We will mail your customized stamp and other supplies within 3 business days after we receive notification of commission from the state. All Notary Public Underwriters of Montana stamps and seals come with a Lifetime Guarantee.
DON'T WANT TO PAY BY CREDIT CARD ONLINE?