Become A Michigan Notary
*Prices do NOT include shipping and handling
QUALIFICATIONS TO BECOME A MICHIGAN NOTARY PUBLIC
In order to become a notary public in Michigan, you must meet the following requirements:
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Read and write in the English language
• Be a Michigan resident or maintain a principal place of business in Michigan
• Be a citizen the United States or possess proof of legal presence
• Be a resident of the county in which you request appointment, or
- Maintain a principal place of business in the county you request appointment, if you do not reside in Michigan
• Not currently serving a term of imprisonment in any state, county or federal correctional facility
• Be free of any felony convictions within the past 10 years
- If previously convicted of a felony, the 10-year period includes completion of the sentence for that crime, any term of imprisonment, parole, or probation, and payment of all fines, costs, and assessments
• Have not been convicted of 2 or more misdemeanor offenses involving a violation of the Michigan Notary Public Act within a 12-month period while commissioned, or 3 or more misdemeanor offenses involving a violation of this Act within a 5-year period regardless of being commissioned
• Have filed with the appropriate county clerk a proper surety bond in the amount of $10,000 and taken the oath of office as prescribed by the State Constitution
- Michigan licensed attorneys are exempt
• Sign a declaration that all information on your application for Michigan Notary Public Commission is correct, that you have read the Michigan Notary Public Act, and that you will perform all notarial acts faithfully
STEPS TO BECOME A MICHIGAN NOTARY PUBLIC
Select your notary package, complete the interactive application process, select any additional products you desire and complete the checkout process. Payment by check not available online.
Your notary bond will be immediately available for download along with instructions for completing the application process with the County Clerk and Secretary of State.
We will mail your customized stamp and other supplies within 3 business days after we receive proof of commission. All Notary Public Underwriters stamps and seals come with a Lifetime Guarantee.
DON'T WANT TO PAY BY CREDIT CARD ONLINE?