Become a Mississippi Notary
ATTENTION: The Secretary of State's office announced they are operating with limited staffing for the immediate future in order to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus). There may be a delay in processing your application with the state.
NOTICE: If you have already applied for your notary commission directly with the State and need a notary bond and any supplies,
please visit our Notary Bond page to make your purchase.
*Prices do NOT include shipping and handling
QUALIFICATIONS TO BECOME A MISSISSIPPI NOTARY PUBLIC
In order to become a notary public in Mississippi, you must meet the following requirements:
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Be a citizen or a permanent legal resident of the United States
• Be a Mississippi resident for more than 30 days
• Be able to read and write English
• Must not have been convicted of a felony, unless pardoned by the Governor or had voting rights restored by the state Legislature, and not be currently incarcerated, on probation, on parole, or have a lifetime felony conviction
STEPS TO BECOME A MISSISSIPPI NOTARY PUBLIC
Select your notary package, complete the interactive application process, select any additional products you desire and submit your payment online. Your notary forms and instructions will be available for download at the end of checkout. Payment by check not available online.
Print, sign, and send your completed notary forms to Notary Public Underwriters and we'll take care of the rest!
We will mail your customized stamp and other supplies within 3 business days after we receive notification of commission from the state. All Notary Public Underwriters stamps and seals come with a Lifetime Guarantee.