Become a New Mexico Notary
*Prices do NOT include shipping and handling
QUALIFICATIONS TO BECOME A NEW MEXICO NOTARY PUBLIC
In order to become a notary public in New Mexico, you must meet the following requirements:
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Be a citizen or permanent legal resident of the United States
• Be a resident of or have a place of employment in the State of New Mexico
• Be able to read and write the English language
• Have completed the Notary Education course and have passed the exam
• Have not been convicted of a felony or crime involving fraud, dishonesty or deceit in the last five year
• Have not had a notary public commission denied, suspended, or revoked in another state
• Not be disqualified to receive commission under Section 22 of the Revised Uniform Law on Notarial Acts [14-14A-22 NMSA 1978]
• Not otherwise be qualified as a notarial officer; with the exception of a court clerk, deputy court clerk, county clerk, or deputy county clerk
STEPS TO BECOME A NEW MEXICO NOTARY PUBLIC
Select your notary package, complete the interactive application process, select any additional products you desire and submit your payment online. Payment by check not available online.
Your notary bond will be immediately available for download along with instructions for completing the application process with the Secretary of State's office.
We will mail your customized stamp and other supplies within 3 business days after we receive proof of commission. All Notary Public of America stamps and seals come with a Lifetime Guarantee.
DON'T WANT TO PAY BY CREDIT CARD ONLINE?
Download the required New Mexico Notary Forms. If you prefer to receive an application by mail or email, please contact us.