National Notary Blog
Our Sustainability Efforts at Notary Public Underwriters
- Category: National Notary Blog
- Created: Monday, 20 May 2019 06:36
Our company, Notary Public Underwriters, Inc., was featured in an article in the Tallahassee Democrat showcasing our green business model.
At NPU, we are fully committed to reducing our carbon footprint and building a sustainable earth. Our efforts include:
• 3 on-site rain gardens to prevent precious downstream water from being polluted an soil from eroding.
• Recycling paper, cardboard, aluminum, light bulbs, batteries, cell phones, ink cartridges and computer components.
• Our recycling efforts save 13 tons of paper, 560 pounds of aluminum and 6 tons of cardboard from entering a landfill each year!
• Use of biodegradable packing peanuts in shipping over 60,000 products each year.
• Implemented a vast array of energy efficient and sustainable technologies such as roof-top solar panels, LED lighting, auto on/off light switches in the bathrooms, and much more.
You can read the Tallahassee Democrat's article about our sustainable business model by clicking here.
UPDATE: Since this article was written we have had two months of zero energy usage (zero kWh’s) and expect to have many more. NPU is being completely powered with sunshine! Best of all, our energy saving efforts have not resulted in a single penny of cost being passed along to our customers!