Notary Public Underwriters Blog
How to Market Yourself as a Notary
- Published: February 13, 2023
Becoming a notary is a fantastic opportunity to earn extra income or even launch your own notary business! Navigating how to market yourself and how to find initial clients can be difficult to begin with. You might be wondering, "How do I start my own notary business?"
Here are five tips to help you get started in the notary industry, and maintain success!
- Build a professional website: A website can provide detailed information about your services, fees, and availability. This makes it easier for potential clients to understand what you offer. With a well-designed website, your clients could easily book their appointments with you outside of regular business hours.
- Create a Google Business Profile: Having a Google Business Profile can help you increase visibility and credibility with potential clients. With a Google Business Profile, you can list your business information such as website, address, phone number, hours of operation, and photos, on Google Maps and Google Search. This information is easily accessible to those searching for a notary in your area. In addition, customers can leave reviews of your services, which also increases visibility and credibility for future clients.
- Utilize social media: Social media platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter are utilized to network with people and businesses. You'll be able to reach a much wider audience using social media resources.
- Network with other professionals: Building and fostering relationships with lawyers, real estate agents, and other professionals who regularly use notary services can help you generate new business.
- Participate in community events: Attending local events, such as business expos, will help you meet new people and promote your services.
Marketing yourself effectively will require time and effort, but it is a valuable investment that will establish the foundation of a successful notary business.